Edison State Community College invites qualified internal applicants to apply for the full-time position of Accounting Specialist 2. The Accounting Clerk works on a team of five members and is responsible for preparing daily deposit, set up and maintain student receivable file, process daily receipts, managing third parties, refunding, tracking the Center for Workforce Development & Education invoices, sending students to Attorney General, non-sufficient fund checks, outside scholarships, preparing Big Dates calendar, preparing CC+ module, ordering office supplies, works as the third Payment Processing Specialist.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer.
Examples of Duties: Prepares the daily deposit :
- Runs daily cash reports
- Records daily cash receipts
- Prepares cash deposit
- Runs checks through electronic deposit machine
- Records Darke County deposits
- Updates the daily cash receipts spreadsheet (blue book)
- Files all paperwork
- Open a cashiering session each morning as needed
Setup and Maintain Student Receivables
- Prepare and maintain Deferred Payment Plan each semester
- Prepare and maintain other students who owe each semester
- Prepare and maintain the CC+ module in Colleague
Process daily receipts and scholarship checks
Reconciles Flexbank bank account to General Ledger
Prepare and send unpaid student file to the Attorney General for collection
- Arrange and maintain payments for past due balances
- Place holds on all past due accounts
Manages A/R for third party payments
- Pulls invoice and matches to paperwork
- Prepares JE and records in blue book
- Works with Follett and FA on third party authorizations and charges allowed for each student
- Manually charge student accounts for off-campus charging
- Invoice third party companies and agencies who are paying for students accounts.
Issues student refunds weekly
Process and track NSF checks and send letters to students
Force rebill accounts for cancelled classes
Prepare JE’s for B&I invoices
- Reverse charges on student accounts that are being billed by B&I
- Balances B&I spreadsheet to G/L monthly
Create a spreadsheet for Outside Scholarships for each semester
- Balance outside scholarship totals with Financial Aid
- Refund unused scholarship dollars to outside donors
Prepare the Big Dates calendar each semester
Order office supplies
All other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
Attention to detail, experience in bookkeeping or accounts payable, proficient with Excel and Word, other computer skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
Required Experience: Two to five years of experience required.
Required Educational Background: Associates Degree in Accounting required.
Supplemental Information: Hours are set at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with occasional evenings or
weekend hours required.
apply on company site
Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
- Research financial transactions impacting inventory, revenue, and cost accounts.
- Perform complicated and non-repetitive accounting transactions, account analysis, multiple balance sheet account reconciliations, year-end report compilations, and commission report preparation
- For a minimum of ten branches monitor and reconcile equipment and warehouse products inventory to the balance sheet monthly, utilizing Quipware and future systems
- Travel to branch locations to audit physical inventory to maintain inventory accuracy
- Generate and compile branch commission statements, performing commission adjustments and re-calculations of commissions
- Process all branch used equipment sales. Record the purchase and sale of equipment on a computerized depreciation system as well as track and post monthly depreciation
- Assist external auditors, tax, and branch personnel with process and order issues, inventory analysis, and balance sheet questions
- Perform other duties as assigned, as well as research daily batch errors, perform Autopost process, and correct surplus return postings
- Associate degree in Accounting, or Associate degree with previous Accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to travel occasionally to branches with some overnight stays
- SAP – Quote to Cash and SAP – Budget to Report experience preferred
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
apply on company site
Accountant – Troy, OH
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group, one of seven ITW decentralized business segments, is seeking an Accountant II for the Hobart Service Division at its Troy, Ohio facility, located 20 minutes north of the Dayton metropolitan area.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidate will ensure availability of accounting information for management, such as P&L statements, general ledgers and financial transactions. Additionally, he/she will solve straightforward accounting problems and analyze possible solutions using standard accounting policies and procedures. The position requires a highly organized individual capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment. They will be a self-starter capable of independent work and possess attention to detail, focusing on accuracy.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of business and financial information in compliance with ITW policies and GAAP
- Ensure that internal controls are documented and operating effectively in accordance with ITW policies
- Facilitate and complete monthly close and consolidation procedures.
- Assist in preparation and completion of internal and external audits as well as other corporate requests
- Understand and utilize the ITW toolbox in all aspects of the job including prioritizing work assignments and developing work processes
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Account analysis to understand fluctuations
- Day-to-day journal entry transactions and recurring monthly entries
- Other duties as appropriate within the scope of this role
- BS Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding and application of accounting principles/practices
- Attention to detail with accuracy is a must
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- MS Office application proficiency, specifically strong Excel skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- ۴۰۱K with company match
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Assists Accounting Section under the direction of the Accounting Section Manager with a special focus on inventory accuracy. This is an entry level position designed to support miscellaneous tasks in the accounting department, including cross training for Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable. The position is designed for a new hire to develop skills needed for growth in the accounting field.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Accurately Record Accounting Entries
- Complete assigned tasks for Month-End Year-End Processes
- Cost Accounting/Inventory Accuracy
Daily Tasks Include:
- Bank Reconciliation
- Review new “Items” loaded for cost type and method, product code, and back flushing.
- Review new “Current Operations” and “Current Materials” for the correct creation of standard costs for these items
- Review new “Work Centers” for proper load
- SyteLine help as requested to include verification of accounting records from any process changes.
Monthly Tasks Include:
- Reclassify Scrap Variences
- Reconcile Key Accounts – AP, AR, Inventory
- Verify inventory balances at outside processes.
- Manage Cycle Count Inventories and assist in investigating discrepancies
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Work environment: Office Environment
Salary is dependent on experience and education.
Paid time off: Holiday, Personal and Vacation
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plus supplimental insurance
Company paid life insurance policy
Employees may enroll in 401k with company match after 1 year of employment.
Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
JR Manufacturing promotes and recognizes team work and accountability. We believe in investing in our employees.
- Two or Four year degree in Accounting
- Computer Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the ability to learn our ERP system)