Our client, a financial services firm in Alpharetta, is looking for a Full-time Accountant to add to their growing team. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will maintain financial records for the firm and ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded, general ledger accounts are reconciled, and month-end closing procedures are completed in a timely manner. This position works closely with top-level management on ad-hoc projects to analyze revenue and expenses.
- Performs weekly AP/AR duties, including paying bills, reviewing bills and invoices for errors and accuracy, processing electronic payments, printing checks, making deposits, etc.
- Assists in managing the company’s accounting system, such as maintaining the chart of accounts, creating customer and vendors profiles, etc.
- Assists in development and implementation of new technologies, procedures and features to enhance workflow
- Manages all company credit cards – monitors card activity, disputes errors, posts/downloads transactions for tracking, allocates charges to appropriate classes, makes payments
- Processes employee expense reimbursements through Expensify
- Calculates commission payouts to advisors
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of all bank statements and company transactions
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Completes month-end closing procedures and provides financial analysis
- Maintains customer and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Handles payroll – on-boarding new employees, processing terminated employees, completing employment verifications, processing bi-weekly payroll, etc.
- Works with CPA in preparation of all 1099s and personal property tax returns
- Makes quarterly estimated tax payments as directed by CPA
- Completes audits and compliance tests as requested by 401(k) third-party administrator and other benefits providers
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years recent accounting experience
- Great analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High level of competency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Suite – especially Excel
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrate proficient use of technology and tools to enhance effectiveness and efficiency
Salary: $60-65k / year plus benefits
Apply on company site
Posting Date Apr 19, 2019
Job Number ۱۹۰۰۱۵Y7
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, 2450 Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers. Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified. Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures. Follow-up and resolve past due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in full is received or resolved. Prepare daily consolidated deposits of cash received by all cash handling employees. Document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances. Prepare, maintain, and administer all cashier banks and contracts.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Apply on company site
This position assists with weekly production reports, finished inventories and transfers from other plants. Assists Accounting Manager as needed with other duties including, but not limited to, month end closing and reporting, physical inventory test counts and adjustments, payroll audits and asset audits. Works closely with operations to reduce costs through reporting and analysis. Assists with preparation of operational and capital budgets. Assists with development of internal control procedures, standards and compliance as it pertains to generally accepted accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with preparation of reports which summarize business activity operational expenses and variances including weekly estimates.
- Assist with the development of internal control procedures, standards and compliance.
- Ensure adequate coverage of all hourly functions and cross training for vacations, holidays, sick time, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of yearly budgets.
- Prepare reports as needed for trucking and pet food profit centers.
- Analysis of raw material receipts on a daily basis to ensure accuracy.
- Produce truck driver payroll.
- Work with internal and external audit agencies on quarterly and annual audit reviews. Participate in periodic test counts and fixed asset audits.
- Responsible for inventory controls and accuracy.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- ۱-۳ years experience in plant production accounting
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel and Microsoft.
- Leadership and team skills.
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal recordkeeping.
- Understanding of payroll, general ledger, accounts payable and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
erforms routine professional accounting duties requiring limited independent judgment. Monitors, audits and reconciles departmental accounts. Researches and creates new accounts and codes. Prepares journal transactions, balances accounts, reconciles errors and takes corrective action.
Assists in the preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets. Advises management of cash deficits. Prepares audit schedules in support of internal and external audits. Maintains databases and assimilates financial and statistical data.
Prepares routine operational and statistical reports. May assist with computer operations for the department. May maintain departmental grants and monitor petty cash activity. May coordinate invoice preparation, payables and/or receivables.
Performs related responsibilities as required. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
Apply on company site