Gibbs Building, 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE, UK
Looking for a Finance role where you can actually be a Business Partner?
The Commercial Finance team at Wellcome is looking to hire a Finance Analyst for 12 months contract and this role will ensure financial performance considerations and control measures are fully incorporated into the delivery of Wellcome’s mission and will act as an effective partner to specific areas of the organisation.
The team is responsible for:
- Providing relevant analysis to improve the quality of decisions and ensure the chosen options deliver high quality outcomes with an appropriate consideration of risk;
- Ensuring all financial processes, in the relevant area, are completed effectively and on time;
- Ensuring that appropriate financial controls are in place and operative to provide assurance on financial activity both within the
Your responsibilities will be:
- Prepare and present timely, monthly management information – with a focus on key issues and resulting remedial actions
- Review and analyse financial information of high value grants made to high risk institutions: highlight key issues and make suitable recommendations
- Manage and assist with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process, and ensure that all expenditure is robustly reviewed and challenged
- Support the organisation to develop quality operational plans to deliver on department goals
- Challenge the organisation to operate in an efficient and cost effective manner – produce metrics and analysis to support this goal
- Support and challenge the organisation to implement suitable and effective internal processes and controls to support robust governance and risk management
- Work with Procurement to drive a professional approach to acquiring goods and services, with an objective of managing “value for money”
- Support the organisation to develop robust project plans, with suitable budgets, milestones and deliverables
- Undertake financial due diligence on institutions applying for Wellcome funding
- Review, analyse and challenge grant holder budget applications and models
- Monitor and evaluate risk associated with existing awards, and propose mitigation actions where required (including compliance with our grant conditions)
- Provide full financial service – including accounting, analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, for relevant entities within the remit of the role
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statutory and tax reconciliations and reports
- Ensure the financial interactions between the trading and charitable activities are efficient and comply with legal and tax requirements
If you want to know more about this job, please see Job description here
Experience & Skills
- Solid experience of working in a core accounting role, specifically month-end orientated.
- Providing management accounting advice and support to business partners, experience in streamlining month end processes
- Experience in reporting
- Exposure to project appraisal, business review and strategy
- Ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid systems ability including use of finance system.
- Advanced Excel skills and intermediate Word Skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Education & Qualifications
- Relevant Degree
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
Finance, GM, DT and Facilities and Workplace
FPSG, working in close partnership with a globally renowned Consultancyfirm, have a great opportunity for an experienced Auditor to join our client as an Audit Senior or Assistant Manager based in their Glasgow or Edinburghoffices.
As part of sustained success and in line with our clients development plans for 2019, this role offers fantastic career prospects and will see you join what is a highly regarded & industry recognised firm.
- Pre-audit scoping and preparation, identifying audit risks and performing preliminary evaluation of client’s internal control structure to identify weaknesses and areas for management consideration and improvement
- Carry out audit planning procedures including the design of audit tests
- Complete audit files
- Review client-prepared financial statement and other management reports.
- Responsible for on-site management and supervision of junior team members, providing on-the job coaching to support their on-going development
- Maintain good client relationships
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, building relationships and promoting the firm at every opportunity to facilitate new business opportunities
Ideally you will be a newly qualified auditor interested in progressing your career. This position would be excellent for candidates with the following background/experience:
Apply on company site
- Are you newly qualified accountant?
- Are you detailed orientated?
- Do you want to join an international company?
Brief Overview of the role:
The Management Accountant will report to the Senior Management Accountant and form part of the Management Accounts (MA) team. This team is responsible for the reporting of business information and financial performance data across the EMI group of companies.
What will you do in the role?
- Analysis of sales revenue for the business
- Preparation of the monthly deferred revenue calculations
- General review of contract dates from the deferred revenue data
- Monthly management accounts, overview and hands on preparing and posting fixed asset depreciation, prepayments, payroll journals, accruals, deferred revenue and adhoc journals
- Responsible working with the Accounts Assistant and HR for headcount reporting and headcount cost.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, resolving any discrepancies promptly.
- Preparation of divisional and country reports, detailed analysis of revenue and costs with top line commentary for any material variances against budget or last year
- Preparation of monthly forecasts and annual budget
- To work closely with the transactional finance team to ensure processing is accurate first time.
- Be part of the team to review sales commission and response queries
- Ad-hoc reporting as required
What are we looking for?
- An enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a track record of promotion.
- A qualified accountant ACCA or CIMA with at least 2-3 years’ experience as a Management Accountant.
- Global experience essential including foreign currency accounting
- Advanced level of excel with the ability to review large data sets quickly and accurately.
- Strong communication skills with excellent stakeholder management.
- It will be an advantage if you have experience in transfer pricing.
- A knowledge of SAGE and Salesforce would be an advantage.
Apply on company site
- On going day rate contract role
- Global Business
Leading business within their sector
- Act as a business partner to the various entities building strong working relationships
- Through the local finance team members manage the statutory requirements for global entities
- Provide variance analysis and financial commentary for the global entities
- Implement strong robust controls and procedures
- Provide leadership, coaching, and development for finance team members.
- Ensure appropriate financial close procedures are in place including account reconciliations, full review of P&L including overheads etc.
- Manage the cash flow and provide regular, accurate forecasts to group
- Management and ownership of the budget process for the various entities in line with the Group policy and timetable
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Liaise with the auditors for the Group and statutory audits of the subsidiaries
- Preparation of various legal entities IFRS and local GAAP financial statements
- Subject matter expert for ERP and other business system projects
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA) with experience leading an operational finance team
- ۵+ years post qualified experience
- Proven, excellent leadership skills to motivate and develop finance team members
- Familiar with UKGAAP/ IFRS requirements as well as regulatory and taxation requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and familiar with complex multi-national structures
- Strong commercial focus and a progressive approach to problem solving
- Analytical mind with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy of output
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at operational and board level
- An ability to build strong working relationships with global colleagues
- Strong ERP system experience
- Advanced Excel skills
Apply on company site