ACCA JOBS IN USA
- Maintain accurate files on all authorized Purchase Orders according to standards.
- Match receiving invoices to authorized Purchase Orders and review accuracy of charges.
- Review vendor statements and reconcile any disputes. Resolve any invoices that are beyond the acceptable terms for payment.
- Prepare authorized invoices for payment to vendors according to standard operating procedures.
- Follow up on goods and services received without invoices.
- Verify general ledger codes, batch invoices and post invoices following system procedures and accounting policies.
- Print checks and attach to matched documentation; distribute to designated personnel for authorized approval.
- Receive manual payment requests, verify accuracy of information and authorized approvals; input into vendor master as paid after making payment.
- Trace all authorized service and contract payments and process payments according to contracted due dates.
- Maintain an accurate record of all issued payments.
- Ensure security of all unused checks.
- Collate check copies, attach to respective invoices and file in appropriate vendor file.
- Print designated reports and distribute as specified by Assistant Financial Controller.
- Place signed checks in envelopes after authorized release is given from Assistant Financial Controller and mail to vendors.
- Complete month-end closing procedures as specified, including monthly reports and account allocations and reconciliations.
- Maintain an updated database file of all leases, contracts, permits and certificate of insurance.
- Scan all invoices onto the accounting system (M3).
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing ad hoc reports as requested by the Assistant Controller.
- Prepare reconciliation of third-party guest related charges.
- Document, record, maintain, communicate and investigate all cash variances according to standards.
- Provide ongoing training for all cashiers.
- Responsibility for the entire hotel house bank.
- Maintain, distribute & journalize all Petty Cash expenditures according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all cashier auditing processes are in accordance to standard operating procedures.
- Prepare all bank change orders with approval of Assistant Financial Controller.
- Ensure that cash float is counted daily.
- Ensure Assistant Financial Controller or designate counts cash float twice a month.
- Ensure all floats are checked on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all cash float contracts are maintained.
- Ensure all cash and checks are deposited 3 times per week.
- Ensure all deposited amounts are reconciled daily via the cash drop worksheet.
- Assist with any other accounting office tasks as instructed by the Assistant Controller
- Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Perform your job according to standard operating procedures
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and any Policy manual
- Utilize protective equipment, when applicable
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor
- Keeps communication flowing freely among all departments
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Practice “aggressive hospitality” and provide guest satisfaction
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all schedule training classes and meetings
- Train other employees as directed by management
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Must be flexible enough to work any shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Actively pursuing professional accounting qualifications (ACA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA) or BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software.
- Prior experience with Accounts Payables and Cashiering functions.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent organizing abilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Round Rock, Texas US
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. Finance is more than just a support function at Dell – so if you are passionate about what you do, we can offer you exciting possibilities to develop your career as an Accounting Advisor in Round Rock, TX.
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
You will have an integral role to play in the accounting team. Working with a number of key Dell sites, you will be responsible for preparing income, balance sheets, consolidated and other statements. Other duties will include:
- Analyzing financial reports and records and making recommendations on our reserves, assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditures
- Making journal entries to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Completing reconciliations and reporting on leasing and insurance activities
- Liaising with Corporate Reporting on month end and quarter end reports
- Solid background in control design and implementation
- Sound experience in the financial services sector or public accounting
- High level of competence in analysis, interpretation and evaluation of financial data
- Skilled with large data management
- ۵+ years of previous applicable experience
- Previous experience using Infolease or willingness to develop leasing knowledge
- Previous experience working in FDM, Novora, Essbase, SAP
- Part or fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA)
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can keep tight rein on the annual revenues of a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
apply on company site
Carter’s, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com, www.oshkoshbgosh.com, and www.cartersoshkosh.ca. The Company’s Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Minebrand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter’s is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com.
- Accounting/Close (30%)
- Review and approve JEs for US Distribution Network
- Create accruals for US Distribution Network
- Manage/maintain correct associate coding in payroll systems
- DC Expense Management (30%)
- Oversee indirect spend for US Distribution
- Ensure purchasing protocols are followed
- Ensure invoices process accurately and in a timely manner
- Financial Analysis 20%
- Provide support for month end analysis
- Provide support for budgeting/forecasting
- Manage job code list for Distribution
- Supervisory 20%
- Manage, develop, and train accounting coordinators
- Ensure, at a minimum, Corporate Accounting protocols/principles are implemented and executed
- Determination of capital vs. expense
- Ongoing management of capital assets
Support Director on strategic projects
- Required: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and a keen eye for details are essential
- Required: Knowledge of analytical principals & basic accounting practices (e.g. invoice coding/payment; journal entry creation)
- Highly Preferred: Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Preferred: Effective communication (verbally and written)
- Highly Preferred: Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced team environment with frequent deadlines
- Required: Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage projects from concept to completion with time constraints
- Highly Preferred: Proven Team member with ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Required: Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and be able to function independently
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
- Accounting degree preferred
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Proven experience as a staff accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
- CPA a plus
Calculator / Fax Machine / Copy Machine / Postage Meter / Computer / Accounting Software (Great Plains preferred) / Microsoft Word & Excel / Multiple Phone Lines
We recognize the importance of investing on our most valuable asset that strengthens the very foundation of West Coast Dental, our employees. In line with this objective, we understand that providing excellent service to our employees facilitates professional and personal growth that will enable them to live our company principle – To Welcome, Communicate and Deliver unparalleled customer service.
West Coast Dental offers a competitive benefit package designed to enhance the lives of our employees.
West Coast Dental offers:
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Medical (including prescriptions)
- Vision insurance
- Comprehensive dental benefit
- Voluntary supplemental insurance for life, disability, critical illness, cancer, gap and accident
- Continuing education
- Advancement opportunities
- ۴۰۱ (k) plan
- Referral bonus incentive programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.